Dr. Chris Zaino – Changing History One Patient At A Time – Part 2
Dr. Chris Zaino chose Billing Precision because it was developed and will continue to evolve with these values in mind. He chose it because it gives him the best chance at accomplishing his goals and living up to the responsibility he has been entrusted with.
Specifically, Billing Precision ensures that no visit gets left behind:
- That with every missed visit, the practice is alerted in real time.
- The Visit itself is never deleted unless the patient is discharged.
- When a patient is contacted for missed visits there is a log of each call and reason for missing.
- When the patient comes to the next visit the system alerts the staff and the visit is rescheduled. This means the missed visit is physically moved from the missed date to the new date. In some cases Dr. Zaino has the patient come back later that day.
- Worried about a patient slipping by the front desk? No problem the doctor has a missed visit warning system at the table. When he sees this he apologizes that the staff let them get by without rescheduling the visit and how important it is to make that visit up. Dr. Chris Zaino refocuses the patient, wlaks them to the front desk and makes sure that visit is rescheduled.
- When a patient becomes a habitual misser, Dr. Chris Zaino makes the decision. Typically he will have a refocus session with the patient and remind them of goals and each others roles and expectations. When a patient continues to miss it is handled on a case by case basis. Often Dr. Chris Zaino will dismiss them from care.
When you have systems and technology in place you keep both the doctor and patient accountable. If and when a patient is discharged because of the inability to meet the expectation they do not leave with a bad taste about your practice. They leave knowing that whatever result they did get was proportional to their commitment, not to the efficacy of chiropractic or the congruency of the practice and its message. They realize you are for real and are not only more likely to return but many times these patients will refer others that they think can commit to getting results.
Dr. Chris Zaino explains how closing the “back door” allows him to spend less time getting new patient to replace the ones they were losing and focus on the delivering the highest quality care and patient experience possible.
With a practice this size billing, collections and compliance can be almost impossible to manage.
Having one integrated technology, process and billing service that manages your patient lifecyle, is vital at any volume.
With the increasing complexity in coding rules, ever growing insurance audit business, and busy lifestyles of patients, not managing any one component will lead to lost efficiency and revenue.
Dr. Chris Zaino explains how his practice was “gushing blood” in all areas and how Billing Precision has helped stop the bleeding.
Some important aspects of Billing Precision which allow him to do this are
- Real Time Billing with integrated compliance and coding warnings at the table
- Table-side documentation that can be updated in real time in under 10 seconds
- No show management and automated patient check in
- Web based transparency to all practice, billing and compliance statistics 24×7.
- Care plan management including expected collections threshholds and reports.
- Full audit trail of all actions taken by practice staff and/or Billing Precision teams
- Integrated credit card and recurring payment tool
- Email marketing campaign manager.
- Automated appointment reminders.
Many thanks to Dr. Chris Zaino, Whitney Zaino and their amazing team at Abundant Life Chiropractic. We are excited to be even a small part of mission as big as this.