Stop Your Staff From Fighting | Genesis Webinar | Q&A
Does your office staff argue about who is responsible for completing tasks generated by your patient visits?
How do you assign those tasks to your staff?
How can you see if the tasks have been completed?
Can you track those tasks automatically?
Do you micro-manage your employees?
How can you foster teamwork, promote autonomy and reduce the time you spend on management?
These are questions that each chiropractic practice owner has to answer. Each patient visit generates a list of tasks that need to be completed. Each patient needs an account set-up with their complete demographic information, their insurance information and other details you need to file insurance claims and to collect cash or co-payments.
If you break those tasks into a step-by-step list, then how do you assign those tasks to a member of your staff? How do you determine if every task has been completed for every patient? What happens if steps are forgotten? How will your patients judge your chiropractic practice if your CA forgets something? Would your patients think your office is unorganized?
Q: What’s the problem?
A: Office staff including the front desk, the office manager and any employee chiropractors are supposed to make life easier for the practice owner. However they often inadvertently create additional challenges regarding patient retention, revenue and compliance. Many of these challenges are related to issues that the practice owner simply doesn’t have time for. If your staff goes on vacation or calls in sick then a backlog of tasks is created, resulting in tasks being forgotten about and mistakes being made. Every member of your team needs to be managed and be held accountable to ensure that each task is completed correctly.
Q: Why is this problem important?
A: The short answer is Cost, Compliance and Patient Attrition.
- Cost – Front office tasks prevent the practice owner from seeing patients, which is the only billable time for your practice. Mishandling of billing and collections results in lost revenue with denied claims and delayed payments. Ineffective patient relationship management leads to attrition.
- Compliance – Includes incomplete/incorrect documentation, interrupted care plans, incorrect CPT/Diagnosis codes, staff unfamiliarity with procedures and employee failure to collect co-pays leads to over payment by the Payers.
- Patient Attrition – Failure by staff to follow-up on no shows, incomplete care plans and patients with no future appointments.
Q: Why is this problem difficult to solve?
A: There’s high front office staff turnover which could be due to poor training, lack of knowledge and unorganized micro-management. Some staff have a poor attitude towards training on new procedures and systems and they’re more comfortable with the old way of doing things. There’s also a lack of redundancy leaving tasks undone when somebody is absent and the ultimate responsibility falls to the practice owner.
Q: What’s the Genesis approach or solution?
A: A complete practice management solution for your office.
- Improve staff teamwork with effective training to ensure optimal practice performance.
- Improve teamwork and staff autonomy with automatic checklists of tasks that need to be completed when patients are checked-in.
- Track practice goals to more easily improve the number of patient visits, increase revenue, submit every insurance claim, follow-up with every no show and schedule patients with no future appointments.
- Manage staff remotely on your laptop or your smart phone by tracking task completion.
- Genesis is a complete practice management solution that includes:
- office workflow
- patient relationship management and staff management while also incorporating everything else you need like:
- claim scrubbing
- claim submission
- claim follow-up
- staff task checklists
- training, etc.
- Genesis also includes a Coach to ensure your practice uses everything in the most efficient way possible.
Keep Your Staff From Fighting with this Genesis Webinar.