Best Chiropractic Billing Services
A streamlined and efficient financial process is integral to a successful Chiropractic practice. Genesis has a wealth of experience dealing with the hassles of; reduced fee reimbursement, complex documentation and routinely postponed payment. Once you choose to get the best chiropractic billing services, we help augment cash flow. As one of the best chiropractic billing services, we leverage this experience to help you navigate the nuances of chiropractic claims. Once you outsource chiropractic billing services, we help you focus on your core business competencies.
What is Chiropractic Insurance Billing?
Chiropractic care is included in most health insurance plans, but with certain limitations. Medicare, some Medicaid plans and companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Aetna, and Cigna also provide chiropractic treatment coverage.
Accepting insurance at your chiropractic office offers patients the ability to pay for the cost of your chiropractic treatment. Becoming in-network with insurance companies can help you reach new clients. Patients who are covered by insurance prefer to go to a chiropractor who accepts insurance plans. Accepting insurance also increases patient loyalty.
Chiropractic insurance billing and coding is the process of getting paid for your chiropractic treatment services through the submission of insurance claims to the insurance carrier. You may have to send primary, secondary, and even tertiary insurance claims as well as patient records and statements to get full payment.
Insurance billing is a time-intensive process. It requires precision. The smallest of errors can lead to unwanted losses. The problem with billing starts when your practice starts to grow. If you are an independent practice and manage all administrative work yourself, it becomes more difficult to keep up with all the required tasks of insurance billing, claim denial management, and monitoring reimbursements.
If you want to make sure you get paid for all your visits, you must have a good understanding of how to bill correctly, codes for each treatment type, and an automated chiropractic billing service system to manage billing, claims, and collections all in one place. Additionally, you should seek competent assistance from the best chiropractic billing service providers like Genesis.
Benefits of Chiropractic Software for Insurance Billing Automation
- Your billing and collections systems are the core of your chiropractic practice. In today’s value-based care healthcare environment, the decision to utilize technology to support the billing process can have a long-lasting effect on the financial health of your practice. Using a chiropractic billing software that supports the in-house billing-claim-collections cycle management process is your best path forward.
- Software automates your documentation process, insurance billing and claims processing workflow.
- Online patient check-in feature allows patients to fill their information online with all submitted information going directly into the electronic health record system.
- Software has an integrated billing system. You save a lot of time and avoid making mistakes by automating patient intake form. It allows providers to access a patient’s insurance information with a few clicks.
- Note templates and dictation features allow you to properly document subjective, objective, assessment, and treatment plans.
- Genesis offers chiropractic managed billing services for practices who want professionals to handle their claim and billing processes.
Benefits of Outsourcing Chiropractic Billing Services to Genesis
Once you outsource to the best chiropractic billing services company like Genesis, we take matters in hand to create a hassle-free process for you. Our AAPC-certified coders create an effective roadmap to prevent claims from returning to hospitals. This gives chiropractors a list of advantages such as:
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Improved collection and higher reimbursement
- Transparent revenue cycle management
- Accelerated payments from insurers
- 24/7 availability for support
- Secure billing practices that are compliant with global standards
- Expert help from billers who are aware of the latest billing standards
Contact Genesis today for the best chiropractic billing service.
How to Find the Best Chiropractic Billing Service
At Genesis Chiropractic Software, we offer top of the line chiropractic billing services. But with so many companies to choose from, how will you know which is the best chiropractic billing service for you? We suggest setting up interviews with billing service companies that you are interested in. Call us today to set up an interview with our professionals. Before you talk with us, you will need to develop a list of questions so you can determine if we are best capable of supporting your needs. Below are some questions that you should consider asking during the interview:
- Do you specialize in chiropractic medical billing? The billing industry is broad, and even those companies that specialize in medical billing can range greatly. Choosing a company that solely works in the chiropractic industry will ensure they have the knowledge needed to properly fulfill your needs and avoid the hassle of slow processing times.
- What kind of training do your billing experts have? Medical billing regulations vary from country to country. It is important that the employees of the chiropractic billing company you hire are professionals who have specifically been trained in medical billing in the United States. Ask the chiropractic billing companies you interview if they provide their employees with training that allows them to stay up-to-date on changing regulations.
- How long are your waiting periods to process claims? As a chiropractor, have you noticed that you have to wait a while before insurance companies submit payments? This is typical not only for you and other providers, but for billing services as well, which can make sustaining your business challenging. You will want to know how long of a waiting period the billing service typically experiences and how they will work to decrease the waiting time to the greatest extent possible.
- Do you provide user-friendly software? The best chiropractic billing services provide software that is easy for you to use and makes processing billing easy to do. This software will ensure you can efficiently run your office, making it easier on you and providing your patients a better experience.
- What is included in the software? Finding out what type of software you will be using can also help you determine if the billing service is a good fit. Good software should include coding that is applicable to your business, which makes billing a breeze. Other features to look for are customizable templates and charts, quick access to patient and financial information, automated electronic health record workflow, and secure HIPAA compliant health information. Ask the billing service to provide you a demonstration of the software so you can understand the features and whether they are what you need.
- How long and how involved is the process to set up the software? As a provider, you want to focus on your patients and likely don’t have lots of time to spend setting up new software. When interviewing billing service companies, ask them how long it typically takes to implement the software. Ideally, this should only take a couple of weeks. Understanding what is involved to implement the software will help you set reasonable expectations and avoid frustration, while also holding the company accountable.
- Are you willing to provide references? Any time you are hiring someone, you want references to make sure that what they are saying is accurate. The same is true when hiring a billing service. Asking for three or more references will allow you to talk to multiple people and understand the pros and cons of the company and fact check what they told you in the interview. For instance, you can ask how long it took to implement the software, the ease of using their software, and the waiting period for payment processing the reference typically experiences.
4 Reasons To Outsource Your Chiropractor Billing Process
At Genesis, we’ve developed one of the best chiropractic billing software systems. That’s no surprise — it’s created by chiropractors for chiropractors. We also believe that the best chiropractic billing service should provide some important benefits. Keep reading to learn four reasons why outsourcing your billing may be the best thing you’ve ever done for your practice.
As you probably know, billing for chiropractic services involves some intricacies not seen in standard medical billing. This is partially due to how insurance covers — or doesn’t cover — these services. For example, Medicare coverage is limited to manual manipulation of the spine only if deemed medically necessary to correct a subluxation. It won’t pay for anything else, including X-rays.
Understanding such intricacies is vital to ensuring claims are billed correctly. Genesis’ systems and services are specifically created for chiropractor billing, improving accuracy and speed of claims processing and reducing the likelihood of errors.
Improved Billing Workflows
Effective claims management is a key component of the best chiropractic billing service. It all starts with an efficient workflow from start to finish. Proper documentation impacts how claims are coded and billed. Automated claims submission and tracking help you get paid more quickly, but it also enables you to find and fix errors faster.
Faster Insurance and Client Payments
Who doesn’t want to get paid faster? Truthfully, it’s not just about faster payment on your practice’s receivables. Simply put, claims errors and slow payments take up more of your time. Manually tracking fixing rejected claims and collecting on past-due accounts are both time-consuming.
Genesis’ automation features already improved claims submission and tracking. But with paperless billing, you avoid the administrative and supply costs of doing it all yourself in-house. There’s another side benefit: faster payments. Automated invoicing and friendly overdue bill reminders reach your clients more quickly. And electronic payment options offer convenience for both you and your clients. .
Consistent Ongoing Support
Robust functionality is just one benefit of any high-quality chiropractor billing system. Support is also essential to help you get the most out of it. We’ve already mentioned AAPC-certified coders and consistently staying up-to-date on billing standards. But we also provide 24/7 customer service and technical support, plus secure real-time backups and more.
These are just a few important benefits you should expect from the best chiropractic billing service. Genesis’ chiropractic software and billing services offer critical support that helps you grow your practice, increase patient retention, improve compliance and deliver better overall care.
FAQs About Chiropractic Billing and Medicare
As a chiropractor, you may frequently work with Medicare patients; as a result, you might have some questions about how billing works for these individuals. This brief FAQ is designed to shed some light on the often complex rules of Medicare and help you find the best chiropractic billing service for you.
Can I Charge For Therapy Services?
While Medicare should cover most of a patient’s chiropractic expenses, it may not cover everything you offer. All billing policies should be the same for patients across the board, and you can charge fees for therapy services that aren’t covered under Medicare.
Can I Charge Patients Directly Instead of Going Through Medicare?
Medicare patients must be referred to chiropractors with active Medicare contracts, and you cannot opt out of Medicare in order to charge patients directly. In fact, if you don’t have a Non-PAR or PAR Medicare contract, you can’t legally treat Medicare patients at all in your practice. The best chiropractic billing service for your practice should carefully outline this to your clients.
Do I Have to Perform X-Rays On All Medicare Patients?
As of 2001, Medicare provided chiropractors with the choice of either performing X-rays or doing a PART exam on Medicare patients. One is required, but which you choose to do is at your discretion. You can check your Medicare Local Coverage Department to learn more about documenting PART exams and how to file this with Genesis Chiropractic Software.
Do Medicare Patients Have to Pay Exam Fees?
Similarly to therapy services, standard fees should be universally applicable to all patients of your practice. This means that you should be charging exam fees to Medicare patients even if the fees aren’t covered. By not charging the same fees to everyone, you could be in major violation of certain billing laws.
Can I Write Off Hardship Balances?
You can technically write off hardship balances with the best chiropractic billing service, but there is a catch: you need to have a hardship write-off policy in place, and you need to verify your patient’s income before enacting the write-off. Once you’ve completed verification, the patient needs to follow all guidelines in your hardship policy.
Do I Need an ABN to Work With Medicare Patients?
This is something that should be addressed on a case-by-case basis. Advanced Beneficiary Notes are only required when performing Medicare-covered services that don’t necessarily meet Medicare guidelines.
If you’re ever unsure about what policies you need in place or what regulations you should be following with Genesis Chiropractic Software, consult with your LCD to learn more.
For the best chiropractic billing service, call our staff at Genesis Chiropractic Software today to learn how we can help you reduce the burden of processing claims and enhance your cash flow.