Best Chiropractic Billing Services
A streamlined and efficient financial process is integral to a successful Chiropractic practice. Genesis has a wealth of experience dealing with the hassles of; reduced fee reimbursement, complex documentation and routinely postponed payment. Once you choose to get the best chiropractic billing services, we help augment cash flow. As one of the best chiropractic billing services, we leverage this experience to help you navigate the nuances of chiropractic claims. Once you outsource chiropractic billing services, we help you focus on your core business competencies.
What is Chiropractic Insurance Billing?
Chiropractic care is included in most health insurance plans, but with certain limitations. Medicare, some Medicaid plans and companies like Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Aetna, and Cigna also provide chiropractic treatment coverage.
Accepting insurance at your chiropractic office offers patients the ability to pay for the cost of your chiropractic treatment. Becoming in-network with insurance companies can help you reach new clients. Patients who are covered by insurance prefer to go to a chiropractor who accepts insurance plans. Accepting insurance also increases patient loyalty.
Chiropractic insurance billing and coding is the process of getting paid for your chiropractic treatment services through the submission of insurance claims to the insurance carrier. You may have to send primary, secondary, and even tertiary insurance claims as well as patient records and statements to get full payment.
Insurance billing is a time-intensive process. It requires precision. The smallest of errors can lead to unwanted losses. The problem with billing starts when your practice starts to grow. If you are an independent practice and manage all administrative work yourself, it becomes more difficult to keep up with all the required tasks of insurance billing, claim denial management, and monitoring reimbursements.
If you want to make sure you get paid for all your visits, you must have a good understanding of how to bill correctly, codes for each treatment type, and an automated chiropractic billing service system to manage billing, claims, and collections all in one place. Additionally, you should seek competent assistance from the best chiropractic billing service providers like Genesis.
Benefits of Chiropractic Software for Insurance Billing Automation
- Your billing and collections systems are the core of your chiropractic practice. In today’s value-based care healthcare environment, the decision to utilize technology to support the billing process can have a long-lasting effect on the financial health of your practice. Using a chiropractic billing software that supports the in-house billing-claim-collections cycle management process is your best path forward.
- Software automates your documentation process, insurance billing and claims processing workflow.
- Online patient check-in feature allows patients to fill their information online with all submitted information going directly into the electronic health record system.
- Software has an integrated billing system. You save a lot of time and avoid making mistakes by automating patient intake form. It allows providers to access a patient’s insurance information with a few clicks.
- Note templates and dictation features allow you to properly document subjective, objective, assessment, and treatment plans.
- Genesis offers chiropractic managed billing services for practices who want professionals to handle their claim and billing processes.
Benefits of Outsourcing Chiropractic Billing Services to Genesis
Once you outsource to the best chiropractic billing services company like Genesis, we take matters in hand to create a hassle-free process for you. Our AAPC-certified coders create an effective roadmap to prevent claims from returning to hospitals. This gives chiropractors a list of advantages such as:
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Improved collection and higher reimbursement
- Transparent revenue cycle management
- Accelerated payments from insurers
- 24/7 availability for support
- Secure billing practices that are compliant with global standards
- Expert help from billers who are aware of the latest billing standards
Contact Genesis today for the best chiropractic billing service.
How to Find the Best Chiropractic Billing Service
At Genesis Chiropractic Software, we offer top of the line chiropractic billing services. But with so many companies to choose from, how will you know which is the best chiropractic billing service for you? We suggest setting up interviews with billing service companies that you are interested in. Call us today to set up an interview with our professionals. Before you talk with us, you will need to develop a list of questions so you can determine if we are best capable of supporting your needs. Below are some questions that you should consider asking during the interview:
- Do you specialize in chiropractic medical billing? The billing industry is broad, and even those companies that specialize in medical billing can range greatly. Choosing a company that solely works in the chiropractic industry will ensure they have the knowledge needed to properly fulfill your needs and avoid the hassle of slow processing times.
- What kind of training do your billing experts have? Medical billing regulations vary from country to country. It is important that the employees of the chiropractic billing company you hire are professionals who have specifically been trained in medical billing in the United States. Ask the chiropractic billing companies you interview if they provide their employees with training that allows them to stay up-to-date on changing regulations.
- How long are your waiting periods to process claims? As a chiropractor, have you noticed that you have to wait a while before insurance companies submit payments? This is typical not only for you and other providers, but for billing services as well, which can make sustaining your business challenging. You will want to know how long of a waiting period the billing service typically experiences and how they will work to decrease the waiting time to the greatest extent possible.
- Do you provide user-friendly software? The best chiropractic billing services provide software that is easy for you to use and makes processing billing easy to do. This software will ensure you can efficiently run your office, making it easier on you and providing your patients a better experience.
- What is included in the software? Finding out what type of software you will be using can also help you determine if the billing service is a good fit. Good software should include coding that is applicable to your business, which makes billing a breeze. Other features to look for are customizable templates and charts, quick access to patient and financial information, automated electronic health record workflow, and secure HIPAA compliant health information. Ask the billing service to provide you a demonstration of the software so you can understand the features and whether they are what you need.
- How long and how involved is the process to set up the software? As a provider, you want to focus on your patients and likely don’t have lots of time to spend setting up new software. When interviewing billing service companies, ask them how long it typically takes to implement the software. Ideally, this should only take a couple of weeks. Understanding what is involved to implement the software will help you set reasonable expectations and avoid frustration, while also holding the company accountable.
- Are you willing to provide references? Any time you are hiring someone, you want references to make sure that what they are saying is accurate. The same is true when hiring a billing service. Asking for three or more references will allow you to talk to multiple people and understand the pros and cons of the company and fact check what they told you in the interview. For instance, you can ask how long it took to implement the software, the ease of using their software, and the waiting period for payment processing the reference typically experiences.
For the best chiropractic billing service, call our staff at Genesis Chiropractic Software today to learn how we can help you reduce the burden of processing claims and enhance your cash flow.